We are hiring! BA Land is seeking experienced land surveyors and engineers to join our team. Our crews handle all types of jobs including Boundary Surveys, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, Subdivision Plats, Topographic Surveys, and other various types of surveys.
SURVEY CREW CHIEF
As a Survey Crew Chief you will be responsible for the for the daily field operations of a one or two person field crew, utilizing robotic total stations and GNSS equipment on a variety of surveying projects including boundary surveys, ALTA/NSPS land title surveys, oil and gas surveys and construction layout.
An interested candidate should have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED and 5 years experience in land surveying or closely related field of which 2 years are in the position of Crew Chief. The Crew Chief should have the ability to work independently with the latest surveying technologies and be willing to do some regional travel to complete the variety of projects that BA Land Professionals’ clients trust our firm with.
This position will meet your needs if you are interested in joining a fast growing, survey centered firm on the ground floor that will be sure to invest in your future by offering opportunities for advancement and training all while being compensated with a great salary and benefits package.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with creating an engineering plan for land development based on their calculations and any research conducted. They should have experience with AutoCAD and be able to utilize strong design skills in order to create visual aids. By utilizing strong organizational and communication skills, this candidate will also have the ability to execute a project based on the criteria outlined.
- Work closely with project managers to establish project timelines and designs
- Develop diagrams and visual aids and prepare design specifications
- Execute project based on outlined criteria
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 1 – 3 years of civil engineering experience related to site design, land development and land use permitting
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication skills and design skills
AUTOCAD TECHNICIAN / OPERATOR
The employee within the position of AutoCAD technician/operator will be responsible for the production and editing of land surveying and civil engineering related projects. They will work closely with the land surveying and civil engineering managers to create, edit and prepare plats of surveys, plot plans, record plats, ALTA/NSPS land title surveys, base maps and construction documents. The position will also require the candidate to prepare, write and self-edit technical written documents such as legal descriptions, project related applications for approvals, variance request and internal and external e-mails.
The ideal candidate for the position of AutoCAD technician/operator will possess the following skills, experience or certifications:
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Have worked within the civil engineering and/or surveying field for a minimum of 4 years
- Show familiarity with surveying and civil engineering related documents
- Ability to communicate effectively with the English language (both written and oral)
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Ability to pass a background check
- Provide a list of references upon request
- Provide a portfolio of example projects upon request
BA Land Professionals offers a competitive salary as well as the option for dental, vision and health benefits. A 401k is available upon eligibility and a flexible vacation package is offered. BA Land Professionals is a young, fast growing company that is client focused but employee driven. We understand that our greatest competitive edge is a valued workforce that looks forward to completing a project to the client’s satisfaction every time!
Pay is commiserate upon experience and ranges from $20/hr – $25/hr.